August 1st, 2020
We know these are troubling times for many of us, and the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has understandably caused increased uncertainty throughout the global community. We at YACHT Solutions would like to reassure our guests that we are here to help navigate you through these uncharted waters.
Policies have been introduced specifically in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are continuing to monitor and respond to the ongoing circumstances surrounding Covid-19 and local government regulations and therefore we may update our policies accordingly in the future. You are encouraged to contact your Broker / Agent Travel Advisor, for an update on plans relevant to your vacation dates.
We continue to closely monitor all updates and advice issued by the Travel.State.Gov for US residents, Centres for Disease Control, World Health Organization, Travel Health Notices for Canadians, international government entities and global airlines. If you would like to be more informed, please check the important links below for the latest advisories and advice.
For current travel advisories, please visit:
Travel.State.Gov for US Residents
Travel.gc.ca for Canadian Residents
As our global charter destinations re-open, our charter partners are hard at work reshaping policies with the safety of charter guests and their staff being of utmost importance. They have aligned their cleaning procedures with the current guidance of the relevant authorities including the WHO, CDC and local operating governments. Rest assured that when you set sail again, our preferred charter partners have taken precautions that endeavor to keep you and your family safe and provide you with peace of mind to make the most of your time on the water.
With regards the various elements of our operations our current intention is as follows:
- Staff will be instructed to adhere to strict social distancing guidelines (6 feet apart).
- All staff members will be required to wear protective masks, gloves, and other personal protective equipment where necessary and/or follow applicable local government policy.
- Strict handwashing and sanitizing policies have been put in place.
- Each yacht will be disinfected via fogging immediately upon return to the dock. They will then be cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected again prior to the next boarding.
- Glasses, mugs, and cutlery will be thoroughly cleaned and sealed prior to your charter.
- Linens – including top sheet and pillowcases – to be provided in a CSD sealed bag.
- NEW care pack to be provided including disinfectant spray, hand wipes, and sanitizing products.
- Complimentary masks and snorkels will no longer be provided on charter, however, we will still be providing complimentary fins for guests. It is recommended that guests bring their own snorkel masks. In some destinations, new snorkel equipment may be available for purchase upon arrival at the marina.
Arrival at Marina
- Transfers arranged by us will be conducted in line with government regulations. Guests will be seated in accordance with local government policy.
- Where possible we recommend reserving your private base transfers in advance, which can be arranged and pre-paid through your Vacation Planner.
- Direct Boarding – A customer service team member will meet the guests on arrival and show them directly to their yacht. However, if we are unable to do so, the guests will be shown to a secondary area that will adhere to social distancing requirements. Luggage will be taken to the yacht by a team of porters equipped with necessary PPE.
- All payments at the marina to be made via debit or credit card where possible to reduce the handling of cash and support hygienic practices.
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations are available.
- All required chart briefings and yacht briefings will be carried out on board. Mask and gloves are to be worn as necessary, and social distancing (6ft) is to be conducted.
- Flotilla Lead Crew are fully trained in CSD (Clean, Sanitize, Disinfect) procedures. The Lead Crew will undergo daily temperature checks and will adhere to social distancing with guests where possible. Where this is not possible, Lead Crew will wear a protective mask and gloves. We require guests to also wear face masks when in close proximity with the Lead Crew.
- Upon arrival to the marina, your Flotilla crew will meet you in person in reception to guide you to your yacht. The flotilla safety briefing will be available online and should be viewed by guests prior to setting sail. If guests have not watched the online version, then the skipper and first mate will attend a socially distanced briefing at the base and relay the safety advice to all crew before departure.
- Daily weather updates and other essential information will be held on a private VHF channel each morning. In-person briefings will be held when an appropriate outdoor space is available allowing for social distancing, to be attended by no more than two from each party including the skipper. If a suitable location is not available, the flotilla skipper will visit each yacht individually.
- Where a technician’s support is required, they will aim to complete the work when the customers are not onboard or will ask the crew to socially distance themselves while completing the work. Guests are asked to use only their own dinghies during the charter and to deliver and collect their own boat papers from the port offices.
- At our famous cocktail hour get-togethers, guests are asked to bring their own cups and to maintain social distancing (snacks will not be provided to adhere to sanitary measures). Optional group meals will be held in recommended restaurants adhering to government safety guidelines, and customers should sit with their yacht party on separate tables.
- All elements of your YACHT Solutions Flotilla for which we are famous will still be delivered in accordance with current health and safety guidelines, so that you can enjoy the fun of flotilla in safe hands.
- The certified school’s instructors are fully trained in CSD (Clean, Sanitize, Disinfect) procedures.
- Onboard instructors will undergo enhanced health checks in-between charters and are allocated their own cabin.
- All onboard instructors are certified and have extensive knowledge of waste management and medical requirements.
- Onboard instructors will adhere to strict social distancing (6ft) where possible. Where this is not possible, onboard instructors will wear a protective mask and gloves.
- We encourage guests to also wear face masks while on charter and in close proximity with instructors and other guests.
What You Can Do to Help
- During your time with us on the base or any interaction with our staff, we ask that you use a face mask and follow hygiene and social distancing guidelines. Bring your own face masks as they will not be provided at the base.
- Complete all required documentation online prior to your arrival, provided to you via email. In some cases, your signature may be required; therefore, it is advised to bring your own pen.
- Order your provisioning online in advance of your charter*.
- Bring valid forms of identification and travel documents as well as a copy of each guest’s passport, if required**.
- Pre-order watersports equipment in advance of your charter.
- While on charter, we request that the captain and first mate monitor their crews’ health via ships log and notify the proper local authorities if there are any passengers with Covid-19 symptoms.
- Be certain that no member of your party displays symptoms of Covid-19 in the four weeks prior to your departure. Please check with your local government health department for advice on these symptoms.
Sunnier Days Ahead
Brighter days are ahead, and we look forward to enjoying them with you in paradise someday soon. In response to the pandemic and to ensure you feel comfortable and confident setting sail with us, our charter we have updated our booking terms and conditions to offer flexible rebooking terms which depart on or before September 30, 2021.
Check our policies and base Re-Openings as of July 30, 2020:
Please note: all base reopening dates are subject to change.
|Italy||June 3, 2020|
|Vancouver||July 7, 2020 (for residents of Canada only)|
|Tahiti||July 20, 2020|
|Agana, Croatia||August 1, 2020*|
|Lefkas, Greece||August 1, 2020*|
|Athens, Greece||August 1, 2020*|
|Corfu, Greece||August 1, 2020*|
|Spain||August 1, 2020*|
|Dubrovnik, Croatia||August 1, 2020*|
|St. Lucia||October 1, 2020|
|The British Virgin Islands||September 1, 2020|
|Bahamas||October 1, 2020|
|Thailand||October 1, 2020|
|St. Martin||October 1, 2020|
For destinations not listed above, please contact our team.
For customers traveling from the U.S., charters will resume August 1, 2020.
For customers traveling from Canada, our charters from Agana resumed June 27; charters from Dubrovnik resume July 19; charters from Corfu and Athens resumed July 4; charters from Lefkas resumed July 1; and, charters from Spain resume July 11.